The District Manager is responsible for managing all on/off premise activities and programming within his/her designated area of geographic and account responsibility. This includes calling on and managing account & distributor/broker relationships ensuring maximum market development, brand awareness and sell-through. This position is responsible for managing all sales within an assigned territory in order to continue to grow CRU’s portfolio of prestigious brands. The incumbent is expected to understand and embrace the Terlato family philosophy, passion and company culture.
This will include:
1. Making sales calls to and placements in targeted accounts within the territory.
2. Educating, managing and motivating the distributor partner sales force to profitably execute the sales and financial plans as indicated and outlined by our Fiscal Year plan and Terlato’s supporting sales planning/targeting documents.
3. The team member must effectively develop and maintain positive relationships with accounts, wholesalers and wholesaler representatives with the specific goal of executing the sales and financial plans and growing the business year of year. This will be accomplished by sales and placement execution, utilizing relationship building skills, agile people management skills, along with programming capabilities.
4. A premium will be placed on execution – executing sales targets and distributor goals against profit and distribution plans. This will include the team member personally interacting and establishing a strong working relationship with distributor principals, management, and their sales teams. This includes working the market with distributor sales team members and motivating them to present our brands and execute against our placement goals.
5. This position is heavily focused on :
a. Selling fine and allocated wines,
b. Taking personal and professional responsibility for executing the sales and distribution plans,
c. Providing education to the distributor management and sales team,
d. Hand selling TWI’s Cru Selection brands to key on/off premise accounts – individually and alongside distributor salespeople.
6. The team member is expected to understand, embrace and be comfortable with the Terlato family philosophy, passion and company culture.