- The house was under development (design, construction, detail and furnishing) for 16 years, from 1916 to 1932.
- The house is made of brick and poured concrete floors with a tile roof. The walls are 16 inches thick.
- The bricks used for the base of the home are from England and were shipped to the United States as ship ballast.
- The building itself is 384 feet long, three stories tall and has 26,000 square feet of open space.
- It has 61 rooms, 100 closets, 15 bathrooms and nine fireplaces.
- The living space in the Stair Hall alone is equivalent to that of a three-bedroom home.
- The wood ceiling in the Stair Hall was once a covered bridge in Kentucky.